[Toronto, ON] – [March 29, 2016.] Marketing CoPilot Inc. today released the results of its 2016 Digital Marketing Research Report undertaken in late 2015 in conjunction with the Georgian College Centre for Applied Research and Innovation and the National Research Council of Canada.
Individual Canadians and owners of small and medium-sized companies were surveyed:
- Buyers were asked what they think makes a good website.
- Sellers were asked what they think makes a good website.
The desired outcome of the survey was to identify the gaps between these two groups and provide recommendations to bridge those gaps in the Canadian marketplace.
According to the research, buyers want sellers to clearly articulate their value propositions on websites that are easily found, mobile-friendly, accessible, easy-to-use, and supported by other digital activities, such as customer reviews, social media, and email marketing.
A few key findings:
- More than 65% of the respondents identified that they will not look past the first page of results when conducting an online search.
- Almost 90% of the respondents use mobile devices to access websites.
- A little more than 70% of respondents prefer to receive important product updates by email, while only 11.39% prefer to receive updates by social media, while only 1.27% prefer the phone.
“We identified some obvious gaps between what’s on offer and what is wanted”, says Marketing CoPilot president Marie Wiese. “In this global economy where competition is fierce, it was surprising to us that Canadian companies are still struggling to build websites that help their customers buy.”
“Buyers have a lot of choice, but not a lot of time, she adds. The results of this survey provide Canadian companies with the information they need to improve buyer engagement and increase sales.”
Request your complimentary copy of the 2016 Digital Marketing Research Report.
About Marketing CoPilot
Since 2003, Marketing CoPilot Inc. has provided B2B companies with digital marketing strategies that produce measurable business results. Our proven methodology improves demand generation, resulting in qualified leads for your sales team. 100% of the companies that implement the Marketing CoPilot Content Marketing Program have reduced their cost of lead acquisition, improved the quality of their leads, and increased revenues.
This press release was published via Canada Newswire (CNW).