Often we get asked by business owners:
- Should I be using content marketing as a strategy in my business?
- Could it work for me?
- Why would I do it?
So, when we started to compile notes on this topic, we discovered a great list from ExactTarget (a Salesforce.com company) that had 50 mind-blowing content marketing stats. We shortened the list to only include business-to-business stats, which you can use to make a case for Content Marketing for your business.
This is truly mind-blowing if you are sitting on the fence about a content marketing strategy for your business.
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who don’t. (Social Media B2B)
- $118.4 billion will be spent on content marketing, video marketing, and social media in 2013. (eMarketer) So there is a good chance your competition has a head start!
- 61% of customers say they feel better about, and are more likely to buy from, a company that delivers custom content. (Custom Content Council)
- 61% of B2B marketers rate webinars as the most effective content marketing tactic. (Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs)
- LinkedIn generates more leads for B2B companies than Facebook, Twitter or blogs individually. (Inside View)
- Interesting content is one of the top 3 reasons people follow brands on social media. (Content+)
- Social media sites and blogs account for 23% of all time spent online. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 78% of customers believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships. (TMG Custom Media)
- Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages. (Content+)
- 79% of B2B marketers use content marketing to achieve brand awareness goals. (Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs)
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound marketing ($143) is about half the average for outbound marketing ($373). (Hightable)
- 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing. (Hanley-Wood Business Media)
- Companies with less than 10 employees allocate 42% of their marketing budget to content. (Content Marketing Institute & Marketing Profs)
- Organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound marketing leads have a 1.7% close rate. (Hubspot)
- 9 out of 10 organizations market with content. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing.(Content+)
- 20% of users’ time is spent surfing the Internet on content-led websites. (CMA)
- 87% of B2B marketers use social media to distribute content. (Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs)
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Companies with active blogs receive 97% more leads (Content+)
- Content creation is ranked as the single most effective SEO technique (Marketing Sherpa 2013)
- 27,000,000 pieces of content are shared everyday. (AOL and Nielsen)
- 60% are more likely to be on the lookout for products when looking at content marketing. (CMA)
- Mobile-optimized content marketing increased from 15% in 2011 to 33% in 2012. (Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs)
Are you ready to give your content plan the workout it needs? Complete the form below to get your copy of the workbook and get started!
Oops! We could not locate your form.