Listen to this podcast episode hosted by Marie Wiese and guest speaker Holly Garcia here.
A former Ingram Micro veteran, Holly Garcia recently took over head of ATEN North America, a technology leader and global manufacturer of KVM and Pro AV connectivity solutions. They are the U.S. subsidiary of ATEN International Co., Ltd (based in Taiwan).
Holly discussed why she left Ingram Micro after many years at the company, her ultimate career goal of running a country, the significant changes she’s implemented during her short time at ATEN to improve the distribution network, and upcoming plans regarding the company’s North American channel strategy.
Holly’s accomplishments to date since starting at ATEN:
- Weeded down the number of ATEN distributors to 4 companies – she can discuss who the companies are and why she chose those 4
- Developed partner segmentation model; doubled the number of channel account managers (from 4 to 8), expanding coverage across the U.S. and aligning to the partner segmentation
- Added 2 inside sales team members, 1 on each coast
- Received positive feedback from distribution partners about the sizeable changes being implemented
- Took the company to a 100% channel model as of June
- ATEN North America is seeing strong growth in 1H18 – currently the fastest growing region of all of ATEN
Future plans include refreshing the channel partner, deal registration, and extended warranty programs, and make additional investments within the Pro AV space to accelerate growth in this area.
Holly holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from California State University, Long Beach, is Six Sigma Green Belt certified, and was recognized as a CRN Woman of the Channel for nine consecutive years (2010-2018).